Each new moon symbolizes new beginnings, manifestation of our dreams into reality, change and transformation. As it occurs in a different sign each month, the new moon represents opportunities for growth in these areas of our lives.
WHY NEW MOON WISHING WORKS:
Understanding astrology means learning to flow with astrological rhythms and taking advantage of Astrological Power Periods that can assist with manifesting your dreams! Each new moon is a special time to ask the universe for support for your desires for the future.
When you make a wish, you feel hope, desire and intention. Your thoughts, emotions (and wishes) create energies that you send out into the universe and through the law of attraction, the universe works to echo the same energy back to you to make your wish come true. When you make a wish on the new moon, the energy of ‘new beginnings’ AMPLIFIES the energy of the wish you are making – it gives your wish more power to manifest!
The Cancer new moon will occur at 10:48pm EST on Thursday, July 12th. Be sure to double check for the timing of the new moon in your location!
WHAT TO WISH FOR WHEN THE NEW MOON IS IN CANCER:
The New Moon in Cancer is especially supportive of wishing for things like:
- Emotional stability
- Intimacy; feeling understood and safe on an emotional level with others
- The ability to attract those into your life who support you emotionally and who don’t invalidate your feelings
- Empathy and the ability to put others needs first
- Expressing emotions in a calm way without becoming overwhelmed
- Releasing insecurity; finding a greater sense of belonging
- Expressing emotions without fear; showing vulnerability
- Family relationships
- Clarity of ones own desires, feeling and needs, free from the influence of outside factors
- Negotiating skills
- Learning and growing from life experiences
- Pregnancy or other new beginnings in the home
- Support for those who are mothers or for relationships with mothers or children
- Accepting support from others
- Greater stability at home
- Support for marital problems
- Releasing overly cautious behaviour
- Letting go of being on homebody
- The ability to step out of ones comfort zone to achieve happiness
- Reconciling with disappointment, pain, suffering and trauma felt during childhood
- Letting go of feeling neglected
- More clarity of ones goals and freedom from feeling held back a sense of guilt in relationships
- Breaking free from feeling held back by family traditions, attitudes or upbringing that is not in sync with your heart’s true desires
- Work/life balance
- Clinging to relationships for emotional security
TIPS FOR MAKING WISHES:
1. The best time to make your new moon wishes is as close to the time of the new moon as possible or within 8 hours (before or after), however the opportunity period does last up to 48 hours.
2. Find a quiet space to reflect on your new moon wishes and allow any hidden desires to surface through your intuition. You might be surprised at what comes up!
3. WRITE DOWN your new moon wishes on paper!
4. Make each wish, distinctly FEELING the feeling of each wish coming true. It is the act of feeling each wish that is needed to send the wish energy out to the universe. Remember when you made wishes as a young child on your birthday? It’s the same feeling of hope and desire that you had making wishes as a child.
5. You can have up to 10 new moon wishes! Each distinct idea or ‘thing’ that you are wishing for counts as a separate wish.
6. You can review your new moon wishes in 6 months, at the time of the next full moon in the same sign! See what came true or what progressed for you.
7. If your wish doesn’t come true, keep wishing! There are many reasons why new moon wishes may not come true right away so don’t give up!
Remember, the universe may be bringing you a better outcome than what you can imagine.