The Lunar Eclipse will occur at 4 degrees of Aquarius on Thursday, July 27th, 2018, 4:20 pm EST.
Ingenuity, intellectual pursuits and standing up for the greater good are key themes of this summer’s Lunar Eclipse Full Moon in Aquarius
Aquarius energy is distinctively unconventional, rebellious, independent. It represents breaking away from traditional ways of thinking in order to embrace new ideas, as well as the REDISCOVERY of ancient wisdom. This energy moves away from ego-centered thinking; it is defined by its orientation around our collective needs and issues as a society.
Key Themes of the Lunar Eclipse in Aquarius
- Learning to take yourself less seriously
- Feeling tremendous pressure to make radical changes in your life and choosing not to be controlled by the fear of uncertainty
- Tapping into creative problem solving, ingenuity and innovation
- Releasing beliefs that feed your sense of self-doubt
- Openly sharing unconventional or controversial ideas
- Taking action with something you have been contemplating for a long time
- Finding ways to express yourself with greater warmth, playfulness and love
- Releasing fear of rejection
- Learning to feel less guilty about prioritizing your needs
- Discovering the perfect niche for your creative skills and talents
- Engaging like-minded individuals in new ways
- Confronting the shadow sides of your ego; where you may be expressing aggression, insensitivity or selfish behavior
Lunar Eclipses occur approximately every 6 months, when the earth is directly in line with an opposing Sun and Moon (full moon). Lunar eclipses generally involve relationships, transformation and the experience of receiving news or having important realizations. Long-term plans can suddenly change and relationships can take a turn in a (positive OR negative) new direction.
Lunar Eclipses bring things to completion or mark the ending of all that is ready to be transformed into the next stage of being. Remember that although they may bring radical, unexpected or unwelcome change, the Eclipses trigger important ‘course corrections’ to jolt you back on track wherever you have strayed from your destined path.
Be open to RADICAL CHANGE during this Eclipse
Like all Full Moons, Lunar Eclipses stir up intense internal conflicts that can result in impulsive acts or emotional outbursts. They are especially dramatic when you have been resisting a necessary change that is coming or avoiding the acknowledgement of a difficult truth. Full Moons often bring suppressed truths to the surface which can no longer be denied – there is a subconscious urge to set it free.
Aspects Accompanying the July 2018 Lunar Eclipse
This Eclipse will be distinctly defined by presence of several major square aspects, meaning you can be feeling an escalated level of tension around specific conflicts, challenges, obstacles. Things are coming to a head now as there can be more pressure than ever for release and resolution.
2018 Aquarius Lunar Eclipse/Full Moon
We feel the heightened energy of a Full Moon about 3 days before and after it occurs; I call this the Full Moon Power Period.
Those who have their natal Sun, Moon, Ascendant or other key placements in the Power Period signs (Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces) as well as those with their Sun or other key placements in Leo will feel the influence of this aspect most intensely.
- July 24-26 in Capricorn
- July 27-29 in Aquarius
- July 29-30 in Pisces
For all astrological signs, the effects of an Eclipse can start to be felt 4 to 6 weeks leading up to (or following) the actual event. The Eclipse also triggers an energetic shift that continues to influence us for 6 months. The precise influence of the Lunar Eclipse is different for each individual, depending on their personal natal chart. A reading of your natal and transit charts for the time of the Eclipse will reveal more specific insights.
Exaggerations or Shadows of Aquarius Energy:
The Moon influences the emotions which guide our desires, decisions and needs. During the Full Moon, you are more susceptible to acting on these unconsciously.
Watch out for these excessive expressions of Aquarius energy during the Full Moon:
- Cutting yourself off from affection and/or love
- Dismissing the emotional needs of others
- Over analyzing (or strategizing) without taking action
- Fear of intimacy or vulnerability
- Fear of expressing needs
- Awareness is key to consciously moving through astrological transits and embracing the lessons they have to offer us on our journey towards greater personal development.
- Remember that everyone is feeling intense or exaggerated emotions right now and might be prone to more ‘irrational’ behavior – your compassion goes a long way!
- Be willing to embrace change and the gifts that may hide within something that is currently unknown