A Solar Eclipse occurs when the Moon is directly between Earth and the Sun. At this time, new opportunities come out of the periphery and all possibilities for change are on the table. It’s a powerful time for manifesting new beginnings.
The Eclipse occurs at 5:58am on Saturday, August 11th EST; double check for the exact time of the Eclipse in your location!
General Solar Eclipse Themes
- New beginnings; new adventures
- Leaning into new opportunities
- Asking the universe or spirit to support your intentions and desires for the future (making wishes)
- Surprises; unexpected change
- New relationships or major shifts (new developments) in existing relationships
- Setting the tone for the upcoming 6-month period (until the next ‘eclipse season’)
Themes of August 2018 Solar Eclipse in LEO
- Taking action that ultimately leads to an experience of reconnecting with a more authentic expression of who you are
- Making wishes or asking the universe or spirit to assist you with achieving more authentic forms of self expression
- Shifts in how you express your individuality, your desires or your creative outlets
- Confronting fear or woundedness around childhood experiences
- Stepping out of your comfort zone, especially if it means breaking with traditional views
- Sudden career changes
- Rekindling the pursuit of personal passions or hobbies
- New love coming into your life
- Pregnancy or a change that initiates the new presence of children
Each new moon symbolizes new beginnings, manifestation of our dreams into reality, change and transformation. As it occurs in a different sign each month, the new moon represents opportunities for growth in these areas of our lives.
NEW MOON WISHING – WHY IT WORKS:
Understanding astrology means learning to flow with astrological rhythms and taking advantage of Astrological Power Periods that can assist with manifesting your dreams! Each new moon is a special time to ask the universe for support for your desires for the future.
When you make a wish, you feel hope, desire and intention. Your thoughts, emotions (and wishes) create energies that you send out into the universe and through the law of attraction, the universe works to echo the same energy back to you to make your wish come true. When you make a wish on the new moon, the energy of ‘new beginnings’ AMPLIFIES the energy of the wish you are making – it gives your wish more power to manifest!
What to wish for when the New Moon is in Leo:
The New Moon in Leo is especially supportive of wishing for things like:
- True love
- Creativity and artistic expression
- Confidence being ‘seen’ in front of others
- Leadership and determination
- A sense of pride and dignity about one’s purpose in life
- Having a more lighthearted nature, the ability to play and see the world through the eyes of a child
- Humility, a softening of the ego and releasing the need to always be ‘right’
- The ability to express your authentic self
- A new pregnancy or improved relationships with children
- Receiving recognition and acceptance for who you are; a sense of approval and belonging
- Compassion through a recognition of the ‘inner child’ in others
- Greater passion and enthusiasm
- The ability to bring joy to others
- The ability to shine brilliantly in the world
- Kindness and generosity
- The ability to express love more openly
- Fully engaging in life or taking a risk for excitement
- Time to have fun, play recreational sports and enjoy yourself
- The ability to step ‘into the spotlight’
- Self-confidence in social settings
- Releasing oneself from a tendency towards extravagance
Tips for Making Wishes:
- The best time to make your new moon wishes is as close to the time of the new moon as possible or within 8 hours (before or after), however the opportunity period does last up to 48 hours.
- Find a quiet space to reflect on your new moon wishes and allow any hidden desires to surface through your intuition. You might be surprised at what comes up!
- WRITE DOWN your new moon wishes on paper!
- Make each wish, distinctly FEELING the feeling of each wish coming true. It is the act of feeling each wish that is needed to send the wish energy out to the universe. Remember when you made wishes as a young child on your birthday? It’s the same feeling of hope and desire that you had making wishes as a child.
- You can have up to 10 new moon wishes! Each distinct idea or ‘thing’ that you are wishing for counts as a separate wish.
- You can review your new moon wishes in 6 months, at the time of the next full moon in the same sign! See what came true or what progressed for you.
- If your wish doesn’t come true, keep wishing! There are many reasons why new moon wishes may not come true right away so don’t give up!
Interested in a private online reading? Check out my online offerings here!