New Moons carry the energy of growth and bring tremendous potential for manifestation. Wherever it occurs in the zodiac, the New Moon represents opportunities for new development in these areas of our lives.
WHY NEW MOON WISHING WORKS:
Developing a deeper understanding of astrology means you can consciously flow with astrological rhythms and take advantage of Astrological Power Periods to assist with manifesting your dreams!
When you make a wish, you feel hope, desire and intention. Your thoughts, emotions (and the hopeful energy that comes with wishes) create energies that you send out into the universe. Through the law of attraction, the universe works to echo the same energy back to you and manifest your wish. When you make a wish on the New Moon, the Moon’s energy of ‘new beginnings’ AMPLIFIES the energy of the wish you are making, giving your wish more power to manifest!
The New Moon in Virgo will occur at 2:01pm EST on Sunday, September 9th, 2018. Be sure to double check for the timing of the New Moon in your location!
What to wish for when the New Moon is in Virgo:
The New Moon in Virgo is especially supportive of wishing for things like:
- Improved physical health
- Improving health habits including diet and exercise routines
- Better self control and the ability to let go of addictive behavior
- Alignment to ‘your calling’ and success in finding the right job
- Better discipline and adherence to routines
- Finding the right doctors and healers who can cure your ailments
- A more positive attitude towards work responsibilities
- Greater self-confidence at work
- Having a more ‘proactive’ attitude when things need to get done – releasing the tendency to procrastinate
- The ability to stay ‘on task’ with goals and commitments
- Improved relationships with co-workers
- Bringing order out of chaos: the ability to organize and see the individual steps more clearly to move forward
- Creating neatness and ‘order‘ at work or at home
- Better punctuality
- To be more responsible for oneself
- Staying on top of daily tasks or administrative duties that tend to get out of hand
- Greater focus under pressure
- Ability to stay in the present moment
- Releasing the pressure for perfection
- Quieting the inner dialogue of criticism or self-judgement
- Improved digestion (Virgo rules the digestive system)
- Letting go of long-held trauma, stress, worrying or blame
Suggestions for wishes on the September 9th, 2018 New Moon:
With the Sun (and Moon) in Virgo opposing Neptune in Pisces for this New Moon, we are learning to balance our sense of groundedness with our emotional sensibilities and potential feelings of victimhood. The New Moon in Virgo supports the manifestation of stronger feelings that you are control of your circumstances, so it’s a good time to wish for:
- Focus and perseverance
- Greater faith in your abilities
Uranus is currently squaring the lunar nodes now, which has been influencing us for most of the year, and continues to influence us into early next year. This energy brings a sense of restlessness or pressure to move away from any path that is not in line with your greatest gifts or potentials for success. It’s a good time to wish for:
- Willingness to step into radical change in order to pursue your highest forms of expression
At the time of the New Moon, Pluto in Capricorn will be in a sextile aspect to Neptune in Pisces (which is also opposing the Sun and Moon in Virgo). This energy began around the middle of May and continues until late October. It ‘peaks’ at the end of September (just before Pluto stations direct). Pluto in Capricorn represents massive overhaul and transformation related to our current values and belief systems, especially around success, wealth and leadership. This aspect can help you with wishing for:
- Willingness to break with tradition or allowing your personal beliefs to stand in contrast with mainstream opinion.
Finally Venus Retrograde has already started and influences us from September 3rd until December 18th. It’s intensity ‘peaks’ on November 16th (more to come on Venus Retrograde shortly!) As these astrovibes gradually settle in throughout September and October, our sense of self-love, trust and self worth are going to be challenged in various ways. I suggest reflecting on what commitment you can make to YOURSELF over this weekend to improve your wellbeing. It’s also a good time to wish for:
- Support for taking care of your health and wellbeing more consistently
- Letting yourself ‘off the hook’ from unreasonable expectations
- Open, honest and objective communications in your relationships
- Trust in divine timing
Tips for Making New Moon Wishes!
- The best time to make your new moon wishes is as close to the time of the new moon as possible or within 8 hours (before or after), however the opportunity period does last up to 48 hours.
- Find a quiet space to reflect on your new moon wishes and allow any hidden desires to surface through your intuition. You might be surprised at what comes up!
- WRITE DOWN your new moon wishes on paper!
- Make each wish, distinctly FEELING the feeling of each wish coming true. It is the act of feeling each wish that is needed to send the wish energy out to the universe. Remember when you made wishes as a young child on your birthday? It’s the same feeling of hope and desire that you had making wishes as a child.
- You can have up to 10 new moon wishes! Each distinct idea or ‘thing’ that you are wishing for counts as a separate wish.
- You can review your new moon wishes in 6 months, at the time of the next full moon in the same sign! See what came true or what progressed for you.
- If your wish doesn’t come true, keep wishing! There are many reasons why new moon wishes may not come true right away so don’t give up!
The Stargazing Yogi
Interested in a private online reading? Check out my online offerings here!