Full Moon Vibes
Full Moons bring an energetic culmination that can manifest as things ‘coming to completion’ in your life. It can be a time for important personal realizations or the achievement of milestones. The heightened energy of the Full Moon also reveals where unconscious emotional experiences are provoking you to excesses or interfering with your sense of objectivity.
Use the energy of Full Moons to reflect on how you find balance between energies of the signs where the Moon and the Sun are placed. Since the Moon rules your emotions, notice where fear or the desire for security are driving you. These periods of intensity increase our ability to gain understanding and self-awareness. They also draw our attention to negative behavior patterns and/or belief systems that are ready to heal.
The Taurus Full Moon occurs at 12:45pm EST on Wednesday, October 24th. Be sure to double check for the time of the Full Moon in your location!
Taurus energy is loving and sensual. It’s attracted to comfort, consistency and stability. This energy is hard working, practical and pragmatic but it can also become stubborn and resistant to change or taking risks. It has a strong sense of self-worth and seeks to acquire what is needed to create a sense of security.
The October ’18 Full Moon occurs at 1 degree of Taurus, so it’s also on the cusp to Aries and will trigger manifestations in both signs.
Aries energy represents our impulses, our desire for freedom, our sense of independence and the expression of our personal needs. It is bold and acts confidently (although often without a well-thought strategy); it shoots from the hip. Aries rules the physical body, our mind (our sense of self) and our gut instincts.
Themes of the October 24th Full Moon:
- Anxiety or frustration about money: income, investments, debt and/or savings. A fear that you don’t have enough.
- Intense pressure in relationships over the last few weeks now leading to different types of ‘breakthroughs’; being reminded of shared goals through honest conversations, developing a new appreciation for the needs of your partner, forgiveness and the opportunity to release a long-held grievance.
- Moving out of a victim mentality and speaking up about your boundaries
- Increased drive to work hard, prove yourself and succeed; having a deep sense of pride in the quality of your work
- Feeling the need to work or spend time alone
Because this Full Moon occurs on the cusp to Aries, it also echoes some of the themes of the most recent Aries Full Moon. For more info click here
Astrological Aspects Accompanying the Taurus Full Moon:
- This energy began in early September, ‘peaks’ on November 16th, and then gradually dissipates through December 24th. In general it brings tension to relationships and money matters, but is ultimately calling us to reflect on where and how we attain a sense of acceptance and validation. During this time, you may be feeling more than usual that you don’t have ‘enough’ and the energy of the Taurus Full Moon can drive you to focus specifically on material indicators of success such as income, luxury acquisitions, or your savings.
Moon conjunct Uranus in Taurus
- Uranus represents radical change, breaking from tradition or seeing things from a completely new perspective. The energy of Uranus brings the element of ‘surprise’, meaning that this Full Moon can definitely bring unexpected news. It also brings a heightened sense of instability, a desire for freedom, or the willingness to finally make important changes in your life.
Sun conjunct Venus in Scorpio, opposing Uranus and the Moon in Taurus
- We’ll feel the influence of the Sun meeting up with Venus from October 23-29th, and this can amplify your awareness of the Venus Retrograde energy during this time. It brings matters of love into focus and especially a strong sense of pressure wherever the security of a relationship has been made a priority over your personal needs, beliefs or desires and calling these to be addressed. This energy also brings the potential for healing especially by forgiving yourself for relationships which may have failed in the past.
2018 Taurus Full Moon POWER PERIOD:
We feel the heightened energy of the Full Moon about 3 days before and after it occurs; this time is also known as the Full Moon POWER PERIOD. Those who have their natal Sun, Moon, Ascendant or other key placements in the Power Period signs will feel its intensity more strongly than others.
- October 21 in Pisces
- October 22-23 in Aries
- October 24-26 in Taurus
- October 26-27 in Gemini
For more insight into how the Full Moon is influencing you personally, check out my offerings for private online ‘podcast’ readings
Exaggerations or Shadows of Taurus/Aries Energy:
The Moon influences the emotions which guide desires and decisions around our sense of security.
With the heightened energetic influence of the Full Moon, be mindful of these excessive tendencies so that you may work consciously to bring your emotions into balance:
- Feeling a sense of insecurity (or lack) about your material successes
- Greed, inflexibility, self-righteousness
- Being caught up in your personal experiences; refusing listen to, or trust
- Anger, stubbornness or impatience
- Fear leading to impulsive or reckless behavior
Taurus energy is hard working, focused and driven to succeed but when exaggerated can become greedy, self-righteous or closed off to the opinions of others. Despite how you may be feeling in the moment, this is a time to take a step back from being defined by what you have (or don’t have), or what you have (or have not) accomplished in life. During this Full Moon, many of us will be experiencing a sense of lack, and working to bring that into balance through gratitude, self-acceptance and perhaps also the willingness to accept help from others.
Aries energy is confident, independent and headstrong but can also alienate others through aggressive or competitive behavior when it is exaggerated. This can be a great time to take control of your situation, to make positive changes for yourself or to express your needs and desires more confidently but on the other hand, remember that you can benefit from inviting others to help out or lend their creativity towards solving challenges you are facing. You’re not alone!
Peace and Blessings!
~ Stargazing Yogi