Each New Moon symbolizes new beginnings, the potential for adopting new habits, calling in support for new intentions and taking steps in new directions. Energetically, this time represents planting seeds that will lead to the manifestation of your dreams into reality.
The 2019 New Moon in Aries will occur at 4:50am EST on Friday, April 5th, at 15 degrees. Be sure to double check the timing of the New Moon in your area!
Aries is the first sign of the zodiac. This energy rules your sense of identity, instinctive (gut) decisions, physical strength, and your connection to your primal desires and needs. Aries energy represents your urge for freedom and independence, your sense of self-reliance and the experience of boldly stepping into the unknown.
NEW MOON WISHING: WHY IT WORKS!
When you make a wish, you feel hope, desire and intention. Your thoughts (and wishes) are energies that carry vibration out into the universe. Through the law of attraction, the universe works to echo the same energy back to you and manifest your wish.
When you make a wish, you feel hope, desire and intention. Your thoughts, emotions (and the hopeful energy that comes with wishes) create energies that you send out into the universe. Through the law of attraction, the universe works to echo the same energy back to you and manifest your wish. When you make a wish on the New Moon, the Moon’s energy of ‘new beginnings’ AMPLIFIES the energy of the wish you are making, giving your wish more power to manifest!
WHAT TO WISH FOR WHEN THE NEW MOON IS IN ARIES
The New Moon in Aries is especially supportive of wishing for things like:
- More energy and vitality
- Support for making changes to personal habits
- Bravery and the release of inhibitions
- Greater willpower and the determination required not to give up
- A boost to take action or initiate something new
- Greater self-confidence or self-esteem
- More independence in relationships, acting out of one’s best interests without guilt
- Greater self awareness
- Better self care or the ability to put oneself first
- Authenticity, the ability to be oneself naturally and to communicate more honestly
- Improvement to physical health
- Leadership and the confidence to lead others
- Greater decisiveness, the ability to sense and trust one’s own instincts
- Support for taking a perceived risk or leap of faith
- Making good decisions for oneself
- Ability to be more straightforward and upfront about your expectations
- Assertiveness; speaking one’s truth directly, in a loving way (without blame)
- Tempering impulsive behavior
- Release feelings of isolation or loneliness
- Greater awareness of others
- Release fears associated with new beginnings
Photo above taken during my travels, in Marseille France.
ASTROLOGICAL ASPECTS ACCOMPANYING THE 2019 ARIES NEW MOON
Mercury Retrograde ‘Post-Shadow’
We are in the last stage of this ‘astrological season’ which began to build around
February 19th and peaked early on March 28th; its effects will finally dissipate by April 16th. Mercury retrograde energetically guides us to look inward and look to the past, so its influence over this Aries New Moon and the start of the new zodiac calendar this year brings a retrospective and introspective flavor. This energy represents the experience of refinement or experimenting with different expressions of your individuality over the course of the upcoming year. As Mercury is retrograde in the sign of Pisces, this energy also represents looking inward and looking to the past to reframe the stories we tell ourselves, become more conscious of limiting beliefs and fears, or to release a sense of grief which keeps us stuck in the past.
Approaching Saturn conjunct Pluto
The influence of Saturn conjunct Pluto is a huge theme for 2019 and most of 2020 – one which we have not experienced since 1982. We began to feel this energy as early as November of last year and its influence builds as 2019 unfolds. A key message of this approaching energy is to narrow your focus and not spread yourself too thin, meaning that as you envision your goals and intentions for the year ahead, focus only on pursuits which are most meaningful to you.
Pluto conjunct the South Node
This conjunction ‘peaks’ on the day before the New Moon in Aries, although it’s energies influence the first half of 2019. In combination with this 2019 Aries New Moon, this aspect represents truly moving out of your comfort zone and embracing the new, especially with respect to what motivates you and how you define personal success.
Pluto has been in Capricorn since 2008 and has been in the process of triggering a transformation of our understanding of leadership, success and authority figures over the last 11 years (this transit continues until 2023). Pluto brings the dark side of things to light so that they can be confronted and transformed, and influence of the South Node this year further amplifies the experience of radical transformations that are required to ultimately adopt a more mature relationship with power. So, the significance of the decisions you make as a leader or as someone who holds power over another human being are heightened this year and it’s more likely that abuses to power will come to light.
This energy prompts you to confront the nature of ambitions around acquiring power. This is also a time when you are likely to become more consciously aware of what motivates you and to question traditional values around authority, success and wealth.
TIPS FOR MAKING WISHES:
- The best time to make your New Moon wishes is as close to the time of the New Moon as possible or within 8 hours (before or after), however the opportunity period does last up to 48 hours.
- Find a quiet space to reflect on your New Moon wishes and allow any hidden desires to surface through your intuition. You might be surprised at what comes up!
- WRITE DOWN your New Moon wishes on paper!
- Make each wish, distinctly FEELING the feeling of each wish coming true. It is the act of feeling each wish that is needed to send the wish energy out to the universe. Remember when you made wishes as a young child on your birthday? It’s the same feeling of hope and desire that you had making wishes as a child.
- You can have up to 10 New Moon wishes! Each distinct idea or ‘thing’ that you are wishing for counts as a separate wish.
- You can review your New Moon wishes in 6 months, at the time of the next full moon in the same sign! See what came true or what progressed for you.
- If your wish doesn’t come true, keep wishing! There are many reasons why New Moon wishes may not come true right away so don’t give up!
Remember, the universe may be bringing you a better outcome than what you can imagine.
Like this article? Sign up for my free email newsletter to receive more astrology updates and free offerings!