The second Full Moon in Libra this year, will occur on Friday, April 19th, 2019; 7:12am EST
A reflective full moon in Libra this April can bring balance and harmony into our lives, or it can bring your attention changes that are necessary for a sense of inner peace.
Full Moon Vibes
Full Moons bring an energetic culmination that manifests as things ‘reaching a new stage of maturity’. Generally, Full Moons are associated with experiences of completion, newfound self-awareness and release. They bring about key decisions, personal revelations, communication breakthroughs, shifts in relationships, endings or a transformation to the next stage.
During a Full Moon when the Sun and the Moon oppose each other, conflicts in our lives can feel more intense, as well as the urge to resolve them. The intensity we temporarily feel at the Full Moon increases our ability to gain valuable perspective.
Since the Moon rules your emotions, notice where fear or the desire for security are driving your behavior. The energy of the Full Moon can also reveal ‘blindspots’, such as addictive habits, unconscious fears and other emotions that interfere with your objectivity. Consciously working with the energy of the Full Moon, we can take advantage of this opportunity to release, forgive and heal. As we peer into the face of our own shadow side, we have the opportunity to neutralize unconscious triggers and behavior patterns that no longer serve us.
Libra as the Cardinal Air sign represents awareness – our awareness of the intellectual experience; our state of mind and the opinions of others. It also represents our desire to use discourse and diplomacy to achieve balance, harmony and peace – the scales of justice associated with this sign symbolize balance, with each party receiving ‘an equal share’. Libra energy represents agreement, cooperation and the achievement of mutually beneficial outcomes, qualities typically espoused by those typically born under this sign.
Balance (give and take) and a focus on mutual goals are a strong foundation for making relationships successful and this is why Libra in the zodiac is so often associated with romantic partnerships. Libra however also rules our own personal balance, our ability to experience harmony through the achievement of our own personal goals so that we can feel an internal sense of peace. When the moon is in Libra, we are more focused on achieving harmony, either by focusing on the needs of others or by bringing our own lives into greater balance.
The Sun, as well as Chiron and Mercury, will be in Aries during this Full Moon. Venus also enters Aries the day after the Full Moon.
Aries is the first sign of the zodiac. This energy rules your sense of identity, instinctive (gut) decisions, physical strength, and your connection to your primal desires and needs. Aries energy represents your urge for freedom and independence, your sense of self-reliance and the experience of boldly stepping into the unknown.
Key Themes of the Full Moon in Libra
- Creativity and Aesthetic: Libra rules our artistic side and this Full Moon brings the opportunity to express your individuality in vibrant new ways. It brings the inspiration to create beauty everywhere you look.
- ‘Safety’ vs. Independence: The strong opposition between Aries and Libra vibes (the Sun, Chiron, Venus and Mercury will all be in Aries!), heightens tension about any changes you’d like to make, even though they may be so radical that they scare you. This can be an important time to examine the reasons why you’re NOT taking the risks your heart is calling for.
- Communication: Libra rules diplomacy as well as your relationship with your romantic partner, friends and co-workers. This Full Moon can represent being able to talk about a difficult subject, listening to another person’s needs more intently, or achieving new balance through compromise. This Full Moon supports you to speak your ‘truth’, which can strengthen the foundation of your relationships. It can also prompt you evaluate how well your needs and desires are aligned with those around you.
- Achieving Balance, especially in Relationships: Libra rules balance in relationships and this Full Moon can spark new relationships or lead existing relationships to evolve to the next level. For example, someone who is very independent may finally feel they can commit to a relationship without sacrificing their individuality.
April 2019 Full Moon in Libra
We feel the heightened energy of a Full Moon about 3 days before and after it occurs; I call this the Full Moon Power Period.
Those who have their natal Sun, Moon, Ascendant or other key placements in the Power Period signs (Virgo, Libra, Scorpio and Sagittarius) will feel the influence of this Full Moon Lunar Eclipse most intensely.
- April 16th, in Virgo
- April 17th-19th (until early morning), in Libra
- April 19th-21st (until midday), in Scorpio
- April 21st-22nd (until early morning), in Sagittarius
For more insight into how the Full Moon is influencing you personally, check out my offerings for private online ‘podcast’ readings
Other Astrological Influences During this Libra Full Moon:
Sun conjunct Uranus
- At the time of this Full Moon, the Sun and Uranus will be within about 3 degrees of each other. The energy of this conjunction began to influence us around 4/12 and it peaks on Monday 4/23 following the Full Moon. After that, it gradually dissipates until around 4/28. Uranus represents the release of our most individualized expressions, our authenticity, and our nature to rebel against the structures that contain us. The Sun here can bring light to deep-seeded urges or callings of the heart. It can also bring about unexpected opportunities, surprises, or the need to evaluate whether to take the plunge with a more ‘risky investment’.
- We can start to feel these astrovibes around 4/16 and they peak on the day of the Full Moon. After they, they gradually dissipate until around 4/23. The influence of this short-lived transit is that we may speak, act and make decisions from a place of ‘unworthiness’. You may feel judged by another person when in fact the judgement is coming from within yourself. This time can be an opportunity to tune into unconscious fears or insecurities and then reframe the underlying belief.
Saturn conjunct South Node
- We can start to feel the energetic influence of this transit around the third week of March. It peaks 3 times this year: on 4/31, 7/4 and 9/28, after which time it gradually dissipates and fades out by 10/30. The South Node rules old habits and behavior patterns that we, as a society, are learning to evolve beyond. Saturn brings the experience of learning to discover new strengths within ourselves, of establishing new habits or disciplines, and of hard work. Saturn brings a new perspective and challenges us to see our situation with greater clarity. It brings ‘tough love’. Although Saturn transits usher in a new paradigm, we may resist at first or hold on to the ‘old ways’ until we realize they can no longer serve us they way they did in the past.
Exaggerations or Shadows of Libra Energy:
The Moon influences the emotions which guide desires and decisions around our sense of security.
With the heightened energetic influence of the Full Moon, be mindful of these excessive tendencies which may take more effort than usual to bring into balance:
- Neglecting to voice your needs, desires or opinion
- Passive aggressiveness
- Fears of being alone or rejected by ‘the crowd’
- Not taking responsibility for your situation
My favorite messages of this Full Moon are:
- Give yourself permission to ‘go out on a limb’ and pursue something that inspires you.
- Release the need to be included or accepted by others and set your own standards for ‘worthiness’.
- Strengthen the foundations of your relationships by confidently speaking your truth.
- Awareness is key to consciously moving through astrological transits and embracing the lessons they have to offer us on our journey towards greater personal development.
- Remember that everyone is feeling intense or exaggerated emotions right now and might be prone to more ‘irrational’ behavior – your compassion goes a long way!
- Be willing to embrace change and the gifts that may hide within something that is currently unknown
Interested in a private reading? Check out my online offerings here!
‘Nurturing the Rebel Spirit’
Exploring Uranus, the Rebel Archetype in Astrology, Kirtan/Mantra Music & Yoga
The Art of Living Retreat Center
June 6-9th, 2019
Heavenly Mountain, Boone, North Carolina
⚡️’Nurturing our Rebel Spirit’ is about celebrating your authenticity, feeling a secure sense of self-empowerment and living with an open, fearless heart.
Join me for a weekend of astrology workshops, yoga, kirtan/mantra music, cacao rituals of gratitude, a guided soundscape meditation journey, estatic dance and more!
Click the pic below to learn more!