The Powerful Full Moon in Scorpio dares you to feel truly vulnerable
Full Moon Vibes
Full Moons bring an energetic culmination that manifests as things ‘reaching a new stage of maturity’. Generally, Full Moons are associated with experiences of completion, newfound self-awareness and release. They bring about key decisions, personal revelations, communication breakthroughs, shifts in relationships, endings or a transformation to the next stage.
During a Full Moon when the Sun and the Moon oppose each other, conflicts in our lives can feel more intense, as well as the urge to resolve them. The intensity we temporarily feel at the Full Moon increases our ability to gain valuable perspective.
Since the Moon rules your emotions, notice where fear or the desire for security are driving your behavior. The energy of the Full Moon can also reveal ‘blindspots’, such as addictive habits, unconscious fears and other emotions that interfere with your objectivity. Consciously working with the energy of the Full Moon, we can take advantage of this opportunity to release, forgive and heal. As we peer into the face of our own shadow side, we have the opportunity to neutralize unconscious triggers and behavior patterns that no longer serve us.
This year’s Scorpio Full Moon in Libra, will occur at 27 degrees on Saturday, May 18th, 2019; 5:11pm EST. Be sure to double check the time of the Full Moon in your location!
Scorpio rules your deepest emotional vulnerability, your desire for meaningful connection, intimacy and sex. It rules power, money, investments and the bonds of trust. This energy represents the residual emotions you carry from past experiences including traumas and old wounds. When open-hearted, it has a sense of innocence, with the willingness to trust and invest generously in relationships. On the other hand, feelings of betrayal are very difficult to let go of and can easily develop into rage or vengeance. Whenever Scorpio energy is strong, it is important to be mindful of the expectations you are putting on your loved ones, whether consciously or unconsciously. This energy also expresses itself as passionate, sometimes obsessive (or addictive) behavior, the revelation of a hidden truth, the solving of a mystery and/or a fixation with getting to the core/root cause of a complicated subject.
Key Themes of the Full Moon in Scorpio
- Confronting your Deepest Fears, Desires & Vulnerabilities: Scorpio energy represents your deepest, darkest fears and desires, often residing below the level of conscious awareness. It’s a good time to confront any habits or behavior that has been helping you to avoid feeling pain, guilt or sadness. It’s time to allow yourself to feel and then release (and be released from) any emotions that are being stored and/or repressed. Scorpio energy rules our inner psychology: the core drivers and motivators behind what we say and do, as well as the uncovering of hidden truths. While the light of the Scorpio Full Moon can expose your deepest vulnerabilities, it can also open you up to greater empathy, joy, creativity and connection with others.
- Evaluating Unhealthy Relationship Dynamics: This Full Moon represents a time to reconnect with your personal emotional and psychological needs while evaluating how your relationship is/is not fulfilling you on these levels. Dark expressions of Scorpio energy include jealousy, possessiveness, mistrust/infidelity and anger or abuse. If there is an toxic dynamic in your relationship, it’s time to be brutally honest about the root causes and consider whether or not your partner is truly able to give you what you need.
- Making Stronger Commitments to Support your Partner: Scorpio energy represents ‘full commitment’ to one’s partner and that may involve making a difficult sacrifice. This Full Moon is influenced by the Goddess Asteroid Juno, who represents the complete union of two partners in a relationship. Juno approaching the North Node during this Full Moon, indicates a calling for some of you to ‘level up’ your commitment to your partner. It represents accepting a certain level of risk by investing more significantly in your relationship and prioritizing your partner’s needs, or your combined interests, above your own.
- Forgiveness & Compassion: Wherever you are holding on to pain or guilt from the past, you and your relationships can be suffering in the present. The Scorpio Full Moon calls for you to ‘forgive imperfection’. It’s the perfect time to let go of any grudges or grievances towards others and to open the heart to a greater sense of compassion for all, including yourself.
- Rebirth & New Beginnings: Scorpio energy evokes the archetype of the Phoenix who is reborn from ashes into new life. This is a wonderful time for taking steps to let go of past traumas in order to re-emerge into the world with a redefined self image and newfound sense of confidence, knowing that whatever happened the past will not be repeated.
May 2019 Full Moon in Scorpio
We feel the heightened energy of a Full Moon about 3 days before and after it occurs; I call this the Full Moon Power Period.
Those who have their natal Sun, Moon, Ascendant or other key placements in the Power Period signs (Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius and Capricorn) will feel the influence of this Full Moon Lunar Eclipse most intensely.
- May 15th-16th (until late afternoon), in Libra
- May 16th-18th in Scorpio
- May 19th-20th, in Sagittarius
- May 21st, in Capricorn
*Based on EST time.
For more insight into how the Full Moon is influencing you personally, check out my offerings for private online readings
Exaggerations or Shadows of Scorpio Energy:
The Moon influences the emotions which guide desires and decisions around our sense of security.
With the heightened energetic influence of the Full Moon, be mindful of these excessive tendencies which may take more effort than usual to bring into balance:
- Anger or rage (may be directed to others or towards oneself)
- Feeling utterly disempowered; falling into a victim mentality
- Dark cynicism, lack of faith in relationships, paralyzing fears of being hurt again
- Abuse of power, whether physically or emotionally
Bringing Full Moon vibes into Balance
Opposing the sign of the Full Moon, the Sun, Mercury, Venus and Uranus will be all in Taurus. Tapping into the Full Moon’s opposing archetypal energy can help you balance your experience and bring awareness to how the Full Moon is influencing your emotional triggers, reactions and fears.
Taurus energy is loving, loyal and sensual. It represents being connected with nature and all forms of earthly pleasure. Taurus vibes are hard-working and take pride in adding value. There is a strong sense of self-worth and a focus on acquiring or building what is needed to create security. This energy is attracted to comfort, consistency and stability, however it can also become stubborn and resistant to change or taking risks.
For additional insights on how to tap into the zodiac’s archetypes and balance Full Moon or Eclipse vibes, check out my offerings for 1-1 consultations.
Other Astrological Influences During this Scorpio Full Moon:
Venus conjunct Uranus
- The energy of this conjunction begins influence us around 5/10 and it peaks on the day of the Full Moon. After that, it gradually dissipates until around 5/22. In general this energy encourages you to welcome the unknown. It can bring support or a newfound sense of courage, resilience and self-reliance in the face of dramatic change. This energy can also bring surprising shifts in a relationship – a breakthrough in honest communications or an unexpected new love interest.
Saturn conjunct South Node
- We can start to feel the energetic influence of this transit around the third week of March and it peaks 3 times this year: on 4/31, 7/4 and 9/28, after which time it gradually dissipates and fades out by 10/30. The South Node rules old habits and behavior patterns that we, as a society, are learning to evolve beyond. Saturn brings the experience of learning to discover new strengths within ourselves, of establishing new habits or disciplines, and of hard work. Although Saturn transits usher in a new paradigm, we may resist at first or hold on to the ‘old ways’ until we realize they can no longer serve us they way they did in the past.
Scorpio Full Moon Mantra:
Sign up for my monthly newsletter to receive a mantra that you can use to tap into with the healing energies of with this Full Moon!
- Awareness is key to consciously moving through astrological transits and embracing the lessons they have to offer us on our journey towards greater personal development.
- Remember that everyone is feeling intense or exaggerated emotions right now and might be prone to more ‘irrational’ behavior – your compassion goes a long way!
- Be willing to embrace change and the gifts that may hide within something that is currently unknown
Interested in a private reading? Check out my online offerings here!