Get ready for exciting social gatherings and more spontaneous fun over the next few weeks! Spring is here!
The Sun and Mercury both began their pass through Gemini on May 21st. Mercury will be here until June 4th, and the Sun until June 21st. Venus enters June 10th (until July 3rd).
The New Moon will be in Gemini on Monday, June 3rd. Click here to learn more!
Gemini vibes are clever, quick-witted, social and spontaneous! This energy rules communication and those with strong Gemini energy in their natal charts are often charming, persuasive and adaptable. It also rules relationships between siblings, neighbors and friends. Gemini vibes rule research, learning and teaching, while bringing resourcefulness and an open mind to new perspectives. This energy is often ‘busy’ or on-the-go and has a vast capacity for multitasking; it also rules decision-making, transportation and short-distance travel.
Celebrate Gemini Vibes by being spontaneous, exploring new learning opportunities, getting out in your community, planning a weekend road trip, taking on a writing/teaching/public speaking project, or meeting new people and exchanging fresh new ideas!
Yoga Postures for tapping into Gemini vibes:
Gemini is an Air Element sign and rules mental activity. In the body, Gemini energy rules the shoulders, arms and hands. To tap into Gemini energy, I like postures that involve extension of the arms, that are invigorating and boost circulation, or that give a feeling of expansiveness and freedom.
- Arda Chandrasana (Half Moon Pose)
- Virabhadrasana I (Warrior I)
- Anjaneyasana (Crescent Lunge)
- Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)
- Utthita Parsvokonasana (Extended Side Angle)
- Vasisthasana (Side Plank)
- Urdva Chandrasana (Wheel)
- Natarajasana (Dancer’s Pose)
- Bakasana (Crow Pose) and Parsva Bakasana (Side Crow Pose)
- Handstand postures
To balance excessive Gemini energy, I like postures that focus or ground the third eye, binds, and postures that use the hands, arms or shoulders to create a strong, stable base.
- Ado Mukho Svasana (Downward Dog)
- Chaturanga Dandasana (Plank)
- Prasarita Padottasana (Wide-Stance Forward Bend)
- Vrksasana (Tree Pose)
- Garundasana (Eagle Pose)
- Virabhadrasana II and II (Warrior II and III)
- Setu Bandha Sarvangasana and Sarvangasana (Bridge and Shoulder Stand)
- Cat and Cow
- Balasana (Child’s Pose)
- Halasana (Plow)
Interested in a personalized online reading? Check out my online offerings here!