New Moons carry the energy of growth and bring tremendous potential to support you in realizing your desires. Occurring in a different sign each month, the energy of each New Moon in turn represents the ability to manifest positive new developments in different aspects of your life.
The 2019 New Moon in Virgo will occur at 6:37am EST on Friday, August 30th, at 6 degrees. Be sure to double check the timing of the New Moon in your area in order to maximize your manifesting potential!
Virgo vibes represent all forms of metamorphosis in the physical realm which support the fulfillment of someone, or something, in their destined calling. The Sun moves through Virgo during the time of year associated with harvest, and this energy in turn represents the peak of nature’s life cycles; the transformation of a tiny seed into an entire stalk of grain. The actions expressed through Virgo energy include all forms of healing as well as acts of service to others. This energy is practical, sense-oriented and highly responsive. Those with strong Virgo energy in their natal charts often work with their hands or have a profession in the healing arts.
Virgo vibes represent order, responsibility, repair, efficiency and returning all things to their rightful place. This energy rules your day-to-day routine and how you manage the details of your life according to your goals or overall purpose. With Virgo energy, there is also often a high standard of excellence or a sense of pressure to attain perfection, which can lead to harsh judgement towards oneself or others.
This New Moon in Virgo will be conjunct both Venus and Mars, and trine to Uranus. The influences of Venus and Mars here bring both intensity and positive support for taking action, taking control and making decisions or plans in alignment with your higher purpose – the ways in which your greatest gifts meet the world’s needs.
This is the first New Moon since the summer’s long Eclipse/retrograde season, which began around June and carried a strong energy of being acted upon or receiving.. These vibes manifested for many as unexpected opportunities, which were initially veiled beneath experiences such as unpleasant surprises, setbacks or frustrating obstacles. This New Moon energy now represents an energetic shift into a new chapter, and the experience of taking steps forward with new perspective about your overall purpose, and in light of the summer’s unexpected developments.
Mars’ influence on this New Moon brings focus, motivation, the potential for greater clarity and the alignment of your actions with gut instincts, especially about core desires and personal needs. The conjunction to Venus brings the potential for shifts or new developments in relationships, including breakthroughs, breakups and/or new romances. This energy in Virgo heightens the potential for realignment of how life is organized, especially by assessing your current situation, goals, values and priorities.
As Mars often intensifies aggression and the desire to take control, and Virgo vibes tend to relentlessly strive for order, structure, certainty and to be ‘of service’. It can be helpful to be aware that this can create anxiety and restlessness as the Sun and Mars meetup a few days following the New Moon. With this in mind, you may need to use the energy of this New Moon to call in a softening of the urge to control, with greater tolerance for ambiguity and the grace to surrender to forces unseen.
There is an additional caution to be aware of with this New Moon, as we are in the final months of this year’s Jupiter in Sagittarius square Neptune in Pisces, the influence of which began all the way back in December 2018 and peaks for the third and final time in mid-September. The caution is not to be overly ambitious in your goals and to stay grounded through a realistic, practical outlook. This energy also represents a reminder to stay focused on your long-term objectives, to be tenacious and to have faith in your ability to make progress through persistent incremental steps. It can be helpful to tap into this New Moon’s manifesting potential to call in greater faith in your abilities, a greater sense of commitment to your day-to-day work and clarity with respect to your overall purpose in life.
HARNESSING THE ENERGY OF THE NEW MOON:
New Moons are the time to set or refocus your intentions, make wishes for the future and/or meditate on positive affirmations which support the new developments you want to establish in your life. New Moon energy is the most potent time to ask the universe (or spirit) to support bringing your dreams into reality. You may use a New Moon practice or ritual to tap into this energy, consciously and intentionally planting your energetic seeds for the future.
Before making your New Moon wishes, reflect on all that you are grateful for in your life and with a sense of openness to change and to the unknown. This is a time to be willing to receive new opportunities that align with the greatest expressions of your gifts in the world. This time is generally optimistic and ripe with powerful potential; take a moment to tune into the subtle energy of new beginnings with a sense of curiosity and excitement.
Each New Moon, you have the opportunity to tap into powerful support for aligning your deepest desires with the energy of manifestation. Set time aside to daydream or meditate on the ‘best possible outcomes’ for yourself, setting or reaffirming your goals for the future, whether personal, relationship, career, financial, family or otherwise – and write them down!
You can also use the energy of the New Moon to ask for the ability to balance any shadow expressions of Virgo energy, or to tap into the highest expressions of Virgo vibes (see more about what to wish for below!). Awareness of how Virgo energy is expressed for your personally through your natal chart can also to help guide you in setting your New Moon intentions. A personal reading can reveal these as well as other insights.
In the days following the New Moon, do what you love and invest your energy in what truly motivates you. Feel fully alive and know that you have the power to create positive changes in your life, whatever they may be.
When you make a wish, you feel hope, desire and intention. Your thoughts, emotions (and wishes) create energies that you send out into the universe and through the law of attraction, the universe works to echo the same energy back to you to make your wish come true. When you make a wish on the New Moon, the energy of ‘new beginnings’ AMPLIFIES the energy of the wish you are making – it gives your wish more power to manifest!
WHAT TO WISH FOR WHEN THE MOON IS IN VIRGO
The New Moon in Virgo is especially supportive of wishing for things like:
- Improvements to your physical health
- Better health habits including diet and exercise routines
- Finding the right doctors and/or healers to cure your ailments
- More structure and routine to support your goals and responsibilities
- Self control and the ability to let go of addictive behavior
- Softening judgement of yourself and/or others; letting go of the need to be perfect
- Alignment to ‘your calling’ and finding the right job
- A more positive attitude towards your obligations
- Greater self-confidence at work and improved relationships with co-workers
- Support for taking control over aspects of your life and releasing the tendency to procrastinate
- Better organization, clearing of clutter and distraction; staying present in the moment
- Improved digestion (Virgo rules the digestive system)
- Letting go of long-held trauma, stress, worrying or blame
Tips for Making New Moon Wishes!
- The best time to make your new moon wishes is as close to the time of the new moon as possible or within 8 hours (before or after), however the opportunity period does last up to 48 hours.
- Find a quiet space to reflect on your new moon wishes and allow any hidden desires to surface through your intuition. You might be surprised at what comes up!
- WRITE DOWN your new moon wishes on paper!
- Make each wish, distinctly FEELING the feeling of each wish coming true. It is the act of feeling each wish that is needed to send the wish energy out to the universe. Remember when you made wishes as a young child on your birthday? It’s the same feeling of hope and desire that you had making wishes as a child.
- You can have up to 10 new moon wishes! Each distinct idea or ‘thing’ that you are wishing for counts as a separate wish.
- You can review your new moon wishes in 6 months, at the time of the next full moon in the same sign! See what came true or what progressed for you.
- If your wish doesn’t come true, keep wishing! There are many reasons why new moon wishes may not come true right away so don’t give up!
The Stargazing Yogi
Interested in a private online reading? Check out my online offerings here!