Compassion, trust and intuitive messages are key themes of this month’s Full Moon in Pisces
The September 2019 Full Moon will occur on Saturday, September 14th at 12:33am EST, at 21 degrees of Pisces. Be sure to double check the exact time of the Full Moon in your location!
Full Moon Vibes
Full Moons represent an energetic culmination that manifests through aspects of your life ‘reaching a new stage of maturity’.
Generally, Full Moons are associated with experiences of completion, newfound self-awareness and release. They bring about key decisions, personal revelations, communication breakthroughs, shifts in relationships, endings or a transformation to the next stage.
During a Full Moon when the Sun and the Moon oppose each other, conflicts in our lives can feel more intense, as well as the urge to resolve them. At the same time, the intensity we temporarily feel at the Full Moon increases our ability to gain valuable perspective.
The energy of the Full Moon can reveal ‘blind spots’, such as addictive habits, unconscious fears or unintegrated traumas from the past. You can tune into this energy by noticing where fear or the desire for security, are driving your behavior, often ‘irrationally’ (this is where ‘Full Moon Madness’ comes into play!) At the same time, as we peer into the face of our own shadow side, we also have the opportunity to neutralize unconscious triggers and behavior patterns that no longer serve us. Consciously working with the energy of the Full Moon, you may release or transform grievances, resentment and old wounds through forgiveness.
Tuning Into The Healing Energy of Full Moons
Being healed doesn’t mean that the pain never existed. It means you have evolved to a place where it no longer controls your life.
Working consciously with the energy of the Full Moon means that you can tap into its power to bring awareness to residual emotions from past experiences and/or self-limiting beliefs that may be operating beneath the level of conscious awareness. By consciously acknowledging these energies, you allow for the opportunity to cleanse and heal pain, grief or other traumas. During the Full Moon, your sensitivities are heightened – you are literally FEELING more intensely and the potential for healing can be accessed by leaning into and exploring the emotions that arise. Feeling is the first step towards healing. You can use the energy of the Full Moon to;
- Forgive yourself as well as others
- Release emotional emotional ‘charges’
- Integrate past experiences, acknowledging the associated lesson or wisdom and taking on a fresh perspective
- Evolve out of a victim mentality
- Gain a deeper understanding of the unconscious desires, fears or needs that drive your behavior
Pisces Vibes and Key Themes of this Full Moon
Ultimately, Pisces energy represents the unconscious mind; the collective oneness that unites all beings. It is what defines us beyond the physical realm or the confines of time. Pisces is the ocean of consciousness created by the collective echos of all life that ever was, and ever will be, in every incarnation. This Water sign represents experiencing life through the realm of emotion and intuition. It brings an awareness of reality that transcends language and physical structure. Often the only way to move with strong Piscean vibes is to trust and flow.
Piscean energy can be highly creative and imaginative. It also frequently expresses itself as empathy and selflessness – a strong sense of compassion for (literally ‘feeling with’) another person or group of people, to the point of potentially losing oneself and one’s sense of personal individuality. This energy is constantly receiving and absorbing emotional energy – there is no ‘off’ switch; as a result it can become ungrounded, unfocused or overwhelmed by sensory overload. Another common Piscean expression retreating from social interaction and ‘earthly’ drama.
At this Pisces Full Moon, there is the opportunity to let go of judgement or ‘black-and-white’ thinking in order to embrace a newfound sense of tolerance and acceptance for all beings, viewpoints and forms of expression. In the world of Pisces, there is no right or wrong, there is just love and being. This energy can bring the opportunity to let go of the inner critic, embracing who you are and what you feel with a newfound sense of compassion and permission.
Pisces vibes also rule the emotions influencing you on an unconscious level, which may include grief, fear or guilt. This energy brings a powerful opportunity to allow unconscious emotional blocks to surface and to be neutralized or released. Working to consciously bring Pisces and Virgo vibes into balance with this Full Moon means taking proactive steps towards managing your life, which can involve acknowledging difficult decisions or changes that are ready to be made.
As we move through these Full Moon vibes, life may very well feel especially heavy or daunting. The challenges you may seem absolutely impossible to overcome, prompting feelings of catastrophe and a reaction towards escapism. Give yourself time and space to explore your feelings without reacting so that you may have the chance to move through to the other side, out of the realm of the infinite and into the timespace of here and now. While Pisces vibes so often bring an experience of being stuck in an overwhelming moment, this Full Moon offers an opportunity to consciously bring balance and awareness to that experience.
This Full Moon can also bring awareness to situations where you may have been willfully escaping reality as a form of denial – as Pisces energy often copes with stress by retreating to the inner world of fantasy. It’s important to be mindful now of self-indulgent or addictive behavior which may be exaggerated even more now.
Pisces vibes rule our spiritual awareness which can prompt intuitive messages, divine vision and/or clairvoyance. The energy of this spiritually aware Full Moon will amplified exponentially by its conjunction to Neptune (the ruler of Pisces, currently in its own sign). As a result, there is a calling for you to be as open as possible to the unseen realms: this can be a time to receive important guidance or to be challenged in your understanding of the physical and/or ideological structures in your life. The Sun trine to Pluto now also means that this Full Moon activates some the longer-term transformational energies that will peak in 2020. You may be on the brink of important revelations or decisions about your life and its purpose or propelled suddenly forward on your current trajectory, allowing you to bring your gifts to a broader audience.
With the Full Moon & Neptune square to Jupiter and Jupiter square to the Sun – there is also a strong caution against over-indulgence or escapism. Furthermore, there is a STRONG calling to realign the physical world with the spiritual laws ruled by Pisces, the laws of karma which govern the interdependence of our species to all other life. Jupiter and Neptune have been in the midst of a square cycle since February of this year, which has manifested for many as an experience of devastating disappointments or errors in judgement, possibly leading to disillusionment or disengagement from reality. The Pisces Full Moon brings about the final resolution of this energetic cycle, with the opportunity to integrate its lessons. For many this will involve moving forward with more realistic goals, as well as greater clarity and resolve about your purpose and values.
The ultimate message of this Full Moon? Tune in, but don’t tune out. Pisces energy may bring heightened sensitivity and an overwhelming sense of awareness but it also brings unconditional love, forgiveness and acceptance. This may be something you tap into for yourself, as a step towards releasing grief or fear and being able to feel more hopeful about you ability to take control over your situation. Or it may be something you tap into so that you can operate in the world with more tolerance and compassion.
Questions to ask Yourself during this Full Moon in Pisces:
- Am I in touch with my intuitive senses? What internal messages have I been receiving lately and have I been acknowledging and/or acting on them? If not, how can I make some time to tune in during the time around this Full Moon?
- What are the problems or ‘messes’ that I have been avoiding in my life and what have been the results? What do I need to let go of in order to begin addressing my responsibilities in productive ways?
- Am I catastrophizing or letting myself get overwhelmed by the ‘big picture’, to the point of inaction? Am I coping with stress in healthy ways? What habits do I need to let go of, and can I do so gently, with a sense of compassion and self-love? Who are the people I trust to help me regain a sense of grounding and realistic perspective so that I can make this more manageable.
- What does unconditional love mean to me and do I embody that belief consistently through my actions? Can I afford others greater tolerance now so that I may experience peace more fully in my own life?
Key Themes of the Full Moon in Pisces
- Retreating into your inner world as an escape from reality
- A surge in creativity, intuition and prophetic dreams
- Finding it challenging to express your emotions verbally, relying instead on images, movement or sound
- Arriving at a greater sense of tolerance and compassion for others, regardless of superficial differences
- Letting go of rigid thinking
- Letting go of being defined by your past
- Gaining clarity on your vision for the future
- Learning to have greater faith in your abilities
- Letting go of expectations, responsibilities or beliefs that no longer serve you
- Creating balance in your life by embracing habits and relationships that ground you
- Empowering yourself to move away from toxic circumstances in your life
2019 Pisces Full Moon
We feel the heightened energy of a Full Moon about 3 days before and after it occurs; I call this the Full Moon Power Period.
Those who have their natal Sun, Moon, Ascendant or other key placements in the Power Period signs (Aquarius, Pisces and Aries) will feel the influence of this Full Moon Lunar Eclipse most intensely.
- Sept 11th in Aquarius
- Sept 12th-14th in Pisces
- Sept 14th-16th in Aries
For more insight into how the Full Moon is influencing you personally, check out my offerings for private online readings
Aspects Accompanying the September 2019 Full Moon
Neptune conjunct Full Moon in Pisces and opposing the Sun in Virgo
- Heightened sense of imagination and intuitive messages, but also a sense of confusion or fogginess. It may not be clear initially what exactly you are feeling or how to express it to others
- Challenges communicating clearly and/or concisely
- A calling to explore your spiritual side and your personal values
- An increased desire to spend time alone
Jupiter in Sagittarius squares Neptune in Pisces + square to the Sun and Moon
- The Jupiter/Neptune square has been a key energetic theme for much of 2019. It’s third and final peak is activated by this Pisces Full Moon. The energy of this aspect provides the opportunity to release limiting beliefs, or fears, that you are holding onto about yourself or the world so that you can ultimately realize your dharma or purpose. It can also be an important time for gaining awareness about behavior tendencies which are reckless, self-indulgent or escapist in nature.
Sun in Virgo trine Pluto in Capricorn
- This trine activates Pluto’s transformational influence over the longer-term in Capricorn, which is already strong this year and will continue to play a dominant role in the astrology of 2020. With any Pluto transit, we are being called to surrender to shifting forces and that can manifest as a greater willingness to make difficult decisions now, or conversely as the experience of strong resistance wherever you are trying to hold on to the past or maintain a controlling grip in the face of inevitable change. It also represents a caution against abusing power or enacting rigid structures as a way to resist change. This is a calling to embrace the unknown with a sense of willingness to flow with the shifting tides.
Exaggerations or Shadows of Pisces Energy:
The Moon influences the emotions which guide our desires, decisions and needs. With the heightened energetic influence of the Full Moon, it’s important to watch out these excessive expressions:
- Hopelessness; an overwhelming sense of sadness or despair
- Retreating into the world of imagination as an escape from reality
- Neglecting to communicate one’s feelings or needs
- Distraction; failure to meet commitments
- Falling into a victim mentality. Forgetting your power to take control of your circumstances.
Pisces energy is intense and complex, so this energy brings the potential to feel yourself pulled into an emotional chasm. Be mindful of your susceptibility to ‘catastrophizing’, nihilistic thinking, escapism or a tremendous sense of being overwhelmed by the state of affairs in the world.
Bringing Full Moon vibes into Balance
Tapping into the Full Moon’s opposing archetypal energy can help you balance your experience and bring awareness to how the Full Moon is influencing your emotional triggers, reactions and fears. In the opposing sign to the Full Moon, the Sun and Mars will be in Virgo.
Tuning into Virgo Vibes
Virgo vibes represent how you operate within the physical realm to support the fulfillment your destined calling. Virgo energy rules acts of service to others, as well as working with the hands to build, repair or heal. This energy is highly responsive, rooted in the here and now and motivated by a sense of purpose. This energy rules your day-to-day routine and how you manage the details of your life according to your goals or overall purpose. It works under the simple belief that one person’s actions can make a meaningful and significant difference in the lives of others.
- Awareness is key to consciously moving through astrological transits and embracing the lessons they have to offer us on our journey towards greater personal development.
- Remember that everyone is feeling intense or exaggerated emotions right now and might be prone to more ‘irrational’ behavior – your compassion goes a long way!
- Be willing to embrace change and the gifts that may hide within something that is currently unknown
Interested in a private online reading? Check out my online offerings here!