Full Moon Vibes
Full Moons bring an energetic culmination that can manifest as things ‘coming to completion’ in your life. It can be a time for important personal realizations or the achievement of milestones. The heightened energy of the Full Moon also reveals where unconscious emotional experiences are provoking you to excesses or interfering with your sense of objectivity.
Use the energy of Full Moons to reflect on how you find balance between energies of the signs where the opposing Moon and the Sun are placed. Since the Moon rules your emotions, notice where fear or the desire for security are driving your behavior. The intensity we temporarily feel at the Full Moon increases our ability to gain understanding and self-awareness. They also draw our attention to negative behavior patterns and/or belief systems that are ready to heal.
Leo vibes are passionate, fun-loving and generous! This energy represents our playful, childlike side and our own inner child. It represents acting on our emotions, which can be extremely warm-hearted and loving. Leo energy is about being SEEN, admired and loved in your most authentic light – bask in it! ‘Shadow’ expressions of Leo can be willfulness or narrow-mindedness, dramatic tendencies and lavish spending. It’s important during this time to be open to compromise.
2020 Leo Full Moon
We feel the heightened energy of a Full Moon about 3 days before and after it occurs; I call this the Full Moon Power Period. Those who have their natal Sun, Moon, Ascendant or other key placements in the Power Period signs will feel the influence of this Full Moon most intensely.
- Feb 6th – 7th in Cancer
- Feb 7th – 9th in Leo
- Feb 9th – 11th in Virgo
- Feb 11th in Libra
Exaggerations or Shadows of Leo Energy:
The Moon influences the emotions which guide our desires, decisions and needs. During the Full Moon, you are more susceptible to acting on these unconsciously.
Watch out for these excessive expressions of Leo energy during the Full Moon:
- Being overly self-involved; neglecting the feelings or needs of others
- Willfulness or stubbornness
- Attempts to manipulate situations through acts of ‘generosity’ or heroism
- Fiery, dramatic over-reactions
Tuning Into The Healing Energy of Full Moons
Being healed doesn’t mean that the pain never existed. It means you have evolved to a place where it no longer controls your life.
Working consciously with the energy of the Full Moon means that you can tap into its power to bring awareness to residual emotions from past experiences and/or self-limiting beliefs that may be operating beneath the level of conscious awareness. By consciously acknowledging these energies, you allow for the opportunity to cleanse and heal pain, grief or other traumas. During the Full Moon, your sensitivities are heightened – you are literally FEELING more intensely and the potential for healing can be accessed by leaning into and exploring the emotions that arise. Feeling is the first step towards healing. You can use the energy of the Full Moon to;
- Forgive yourself as well as others
- Release emotional emotional ‘charges’
- Integrate past experiences, acknowledging the associated lesson or wisdom and taking on a fresh perspective
- Evolve out of a victim mentality
- Gain a deeper understanding of the unconscious desires, fears or needs that drive your behavior
Subscribe to my newsletter and receive an overview of astrological influences each month + other exclusive offerings!
- Awareness is key to consciously moving through astrological transits and embracing the lessons they have to offer us on our journey towards greater personal development.
- Remember that everyone is feeling intense or exaggerated emotions right now and might be prone to more ‘irrational’ behavior – your compassion goes a long way!
- Be willing to embrace change and the gifts that may hide within something that is currently unknown
Private Consultations & Coaching
Understanding how a transit is truly influencing you, and the greatest potential outcomes, depends on the specific energies and nuances depicted in your personal birth chart. If you are interested in exploring these energetic layers in more depth, consider booking a private consultation.