Full Moon Vibes
Full Moons bring an energetic culmination that can manifest as things ‘coming to completion’ in your life. It can be a time for important personal realizations or the achievement of milestones. The heightened energy of the Full Moon also reveals where unconscious emotional experiences are provoking you to excesses or interfering with your sense of objectivity.
Use the energy of Full Moons to reflect on how you find balance between the energies of the signs where the Sun and opposing Moon are placed. Since the Moon rules your emotions, notice where fear or the desire for security are driving behavior. The intensity we temporarily feel at the Full Moon increases our ability to gain understanding and self-awareness. Full Moons also draw our attention to negative behavior patterns and/or belief systems that are ready to heal.
Scorpio rules deep emotional vulnerability, your desire to be fulfilled by your relationships, sexuality, intimacy and trust. This energy naturally sees beyond the surface to the deeper layers, sensing hidden motives and desires as well as unrealized potential.
Scorpio represents your most extreme emotions including the echoes of past traumas: the feelings you are afraid to face. This energy uncovers the truths that reside within the dark underbelly of life. It can drive you to explore mysterious and taboo realms, or the dark depths of your own psyche.
Scorpio energy rules personal power and your own sense of empowerment. It can also reveal where you are holding yourself in a victim mentality. You can use this energy to tune into any areas of life where hurt, cynicism and anger are leading to self-sabotage. As Scorpio has a tendency to hold a grudge, balancing these vibes involves opening yourself up to forgiveness for yourself as well as others.
General Themes of the Full Moon in Scorpio
- Awareness of Emotions deep within: Scorpio rules our deepest, darkest emotions including intense desires, fear, anger/rage, resentment, or sadness. We are often not aware of these primal feelings on a conscious level, and may be acting out on them without truly being in touch with them. During any Full Moon, there is always the potential for unconscious fears and desires to rise to the surface, however especially during a Scorpio Full Moon, we may be met with emotions or residual feelings from past experiences that are difficult to confront.
- Power: Scorpio rules power dynamics and this Full Moon can raise your awareness to the power dynamics at play in your romantic, family, or professional relationships.. This may involve subordinating yourself to another as a way of gaining affection or approval, or using your power over others to dominate or manipulate.
- Vengeance vs. Forgiveness: Scorpio energy rules our residual emotions from past experiences, which can keep us ‘stuck’ in the past. This can include feelings of anger, betrayal or resentment. Scorpio also rules the dark urge for vengeance, the desire to make someone else literally feel your suffering. Although this may feel justified in the moment, it does not heal the original source of the grief. The archetype of Scorpio is symbolized by the image of the phoenix who rises up and is reborn from the ashes. Forgiveness is a powerful catalyst for release, healing and self-renewal during any Full Moon, and is especially supported during the Scorpio Full Moon.
- Intimacy & Trust: Scorpio rules the experience of being ‘seen’ by another; revealing the deep, vulnerable aspects of self which you tend to keep guarded and protected. Trust, commitment, loyalty, non-judgement and acceptance are fundamental values within the Scorpion paradigm and this may be a time for certain relationships to mature into more meaningful bonds. On the other hand, it’s also important to be mindful of your expectations for intimacy, and whether or not those expectations have been affirmed by your partner.
- Personal Boundaries: While Scorpio, rules the experience of ‘merging’ with another, you may find that this Full Moon brings awareness to aspects of your relationships where you need to set or reaffirm personal boundaries in order to regain a sense of independence. This is an important time for reconnecting with your personal beliefs and values, as well as a sense of self-worth.
Key Astrological Aspects Accompanying this Full Moon
- Selena the ‘White Moon’ square to Saturn + Jupiter near-conjunction
- The need to embrace new ways of thinking in order to achieve true balance and harmony. The evolutionary calling to let go of how things used to be.
- Full Moon trine Neptune in Pisces
- Heightened intuitive senses; perhaps feeling overwhelmed or lost in one’s emotions; heightened sensitivity to sorrow and longing within the collective; a ‘breakthrough’ in accessing deep-seeded, unconscious emotions.
- Eris conjunct Lilith retrograde in Aries, quincunx to the Full Moon
- Processing karmic anger and rage within the collective; fear, defensiveness and low self-esteem; the perception of threats which may seem more ominous than they really are; the need to speak one’s personal truth; the need to remain open-minded.
2020 Scorpio Full Moon
We feel the heightened energy of a Full Moon about 3 days before and after it occurs; I call this the Full Moon Power Period. Those who have their natal Sun, Moon, Ascendant or other key placements in the Power Period signs will feel the influence of this Full Moon most intensely.
- Apr 4th in Leo
- Apr 4th – 6th in Virgo
- Apr 6th – 8th in Libra
- Apr 8th – 10th in Scorpio
Exaggerations or Shadows of Scorpio Energy:
The Moon influences the emotions which guide our desires, decisions and needs. During the Full Moon, you are more susceptible to acting on these unconsciously.
With the heightened energetic influence of the Full Moon, be mindful of these excessive tendencies which may take more effort than usual to bring into balance:
- Anger or rage (may be directed to others or towards oneself)
- Feeling utterly disempowered; falling into a victim mentality
- Dark cynicism, lack of faith in relationships, paralyzing fears of being hurt again
- Abuse of power, whether physically or emotionally
Tuning Into The Healing Energy of Full Moons
Being healed doesn’t mean that the pain never existed. It means you have evolved to a place where it no longer controls your life.
Working consciously with the energy of the Full Moon means that you can tap into its power to bring awareness to residual emotions from past experiences and/or self-limiting beliefs that may be operating beneath the level of conscious awareness. By consciously acknowledging these energies, you allow for the opportunity to cleanse and heal pain, grief or other traumas. During the Full Moon, your sensitivities are heightened – you are literally FEELING more intensely and the potential for healing can be accessed by leaning into and exploring the emotions that arise. Feeling is the first step towards healing. You can use the energy of the Full Moon to;
- Forgive yourself as well as others
- Release emotional ‘charges’
- Integrate past experiences, acknowledging the associated lesson or wisdom and taking on a fresh perspective
- Evolve out of a victim mentality
- Gain a deeper understanding of the unconscious desires, fears or needs that drive your behavior
Subscribe to my newsletter and receive an overview of astrological influences each month + other exclusive offerings!
Private Consultations & Coaching
Understanding how a transit is truly influencing you, and the greatest potential outcomes, depends on the specific energies and nuances depicted in your personal birth chart. If you are interested in exploring these energetic layers in more depth, consider booking a private consultation.