A Lunar Eclipse is an uber powerful Full Moon. This eclipse represents maturity, self-discovery and change, as well as resistance to change.
There are so many powerful activations of the Capricorn archetype this year and this is the main reason why the astrology of 2020 is so dramatic. Our relationship with this archetype being reorganized.
This weekend’s 4th of July Lunar Eclipse signals finality, conclusion, resolution of the ‘thematic arc’ of the Lunar Nodes on the Cancer/Capricorn axis that has been unfolding over the last 18 months. It will continue to wind down over the next 5 months.
This will be last eclipse to occur in the sign of Capricorn for 7 years and the last with the South Node in Capricorn until 2037.
Capricorn is an earth element sign that rules:
- Your sense of ambition and/or purpose
- The rules of the game and playing to win
- Parents, authority figures and leadership
- The desire for recognition and respect
Full Moons elevate tensions associated with inner and outer conflicts. Sensitivities are heightened and there often hidden emotions, fears and/or motives that need to come to the surface and be acknowledged. Another important theme of this Full Moon is learning to be more present to emotions, even when they are uncomfortable.
This Lunar Eclipse in Capricorn represents radical transformation from the inside out and the wisdom that can come from healing wounds on a deep, soul-level.
There may also be resistance to acknowledge ‘truths’ hidden within the shadows of the unconscious; tune into fear, rage and grief as your pathways in. The more you can acknowledge your own vulnerability, the more you will have the opportunity to access to powerful wisdom.
This is a time for reviving powerful divine feminine energies that have been suppressed and even forgotten deep within the collective consciousness. The re-activation of these energies is awakening our need for greater compassion, tolerance and forgiveness on one level. On a deeper level, they empower us to redefine power structures and core values, including our collective ideal of strength.
And, with six planets in retrograde this month, now is the time for self-care and deep introspection to allow for the integration of past experiences.
Lunar Eclipses often trigger relationship drama of all sorts and this will be no exception. Venus retrograde is still influencing the vibes of this eclipse, and these can aggravate unresolved tensions in your personal and/or business relationships. Honest communication and the willingness to explore the root cause will be key to moving forward.
Relationships (especially with parents or other figures of authority) may be strained now, and tensions may be coming to a head. This Full Moon in Capricorn can point to breaking with tradition, taking a stand for your personal values and following your heart. While the astrology of 2020 is bringing intense power struggles, it can also create a ‘perfect storm’ for righteously standing up to corrupt authority figures.
The astrology of 2020 represents the ‘dawning of a new age‘ and the spring/summer eclipses are the pivotal turning point. The evolutionary work of this stage of the transformation (and over the next 4-5 months) is to make sure you have aligned yourself with your heart’s true motivations, created healthy boundaries for ‘safe space’ in your relationships, and explored your authentic landscape of emotions, including desire, grief, fear and courage.
While the second half of the year can bring a newfound sense of clarity , the next 6 months also represent an evolutionary challenge to develop greater self-discipline, practicality and self-mastery.
The July 2020 Lunar Eclipse Full Moon is the second Lunar Eclipse of the summer and occurs at 13º37 Capricorn on Sunday, July 5th, 12:44am EST / Saturday July 4th, 10:44pm MST.
Capricorn energy is expressed through your pursuit of respect and recognition in the world. This energy rules your ambitions and who you are as a leader, as well as the rewards that come with accomplishment. It rules your idea of success itself.
Capricorn vibes represent discernment, precision and integrity in action. This archetype lives to play the game and does so with remarkable patience and self-discipline. It’s also highly strategic, instinctively recognizing and seizing opportunities. Shadow expressions to be mindful of will include shrewdness, emotional detachment, a prohibitive emphasis on rules, and cynicism masked as realism.
In its highest vibrations, Capricorn energy represents bringing your personal gifts and ideals into the world through the role you play in your public life.
Key Aspects & Themes Accompanying the July 2020 Lunar Eclipse
- Full Moon trine to Uranus in Taurus; Sun trine to Neptune in Pisces
- Activation of the divine feminine to support necessary change, authentic expressions, compassion, tolerance and forgiveness
- Mars conjunct Chiron in Aries + Chiron in a ‘T-Square’ to the Full Moon
- The need to look at your inner critic and sources of self doubt. Where do you hold yourself back because of insecurity, when you actually have tremendous potential to help others on their healing journey?
- Mercury retrograde in Cancer square Mars in Aries
- A calling to examine the impulsive behavior and/or emotions that arise when you are fearful, or avoiding change
- Jupiter conjunct Pluto in Capricorn
- Learning to use personal power more responsibly. Becoming aware of abuser/victim dynamics in your life and the ways in which you may be unconsciously playing into them.
Key Messages of the Lunar Eclipse in Capricorn
During this Lunar Eclipse Full Moon, you are in a final stage of processing and releasing what no longer serves you….
- Let go of the pressure of what others think.
- Find ways to express emotions that you have been afraid to share with trusted friends and/or family.
- Notice where you tend to distract yourself as a way of avoiding challenging situations or decisions.
- Be open to shifting your mindset. Explore, forgive and release self-limiting beliefs.
- Explore your motivations and sources of inspiration.
- Claim your integrity. Stand up for your ideals and values, even if you are afraid to confront an authority figure.
Lunar Eclipses occur approximately every 6 months, when the earth is directly in line with an opposing Sun and Moon (during a Full Moon). Each Eclipse season triggers an energetic shift that will set the tone for the next ~6 months. Eclipses generally involve unexpected changes, new opportunities, transformation and the beginning of new chapters in relationships.
Although they may bring radical, unexpected or seemingly unwelcome change, Eclipses trigger important ‘course corrections’ that jolt you back on track wherever you have strayed from your destined path. The Winter 2020 started around mid-November and will continue until late February.
The energy of the Full Moon at the time of the Eclipse brings elements of life to a point of culmination and/or release. Full Moons bring about key decisions, personal revelations, communication breakthroughs, shifts in relationships, endings and/or transformation.
Like all Full Moons, Lunar Eclipses can stir up intense internal conflicts, resulting in impulsive acts or emotional outbursts. They are especially dramatic when you have been resisting a necessary change or avoiding the acknowledgement of a difficult truth – there is a subconscious urge to set free what is being suppressed. At the same time, the experiences and insights triggered by each Full Moon enable you to gain valuable self-awareness and perspective.
Full Moons can also reveal ‘blindspots’, such as addictive tendencies, unconscious fears or unintegrated traumas from the past. You can tune into how energy is manifesting in your own experience by noticing where fear or the desire for security are driving your behavior, often ‘irrationally’ (this is where the term ‘Full Moon Madness’ comes from!) At the same time, as we peer into the face of our own shadow side, we also have the opportunity to neutralize unconscious triggers and behavior patterns that no longer serve us. Consciously working with the energy of the Full Moon, you may release and heal grievances, resentment and old wounds.
Tuning Into The Healing Energy of Full Moons
Being healed doesn’t mean that the pain never existed. It means you have evolved to a place where it no longer controls your life.
Working consciously with the energy of the Full Moon means that you can tap into its power to bring awareness to residual emotions from past experiences and/or self-limiting beliefs that may be operating beneath the level of conscious awareness. By consciously acknowledging these energies, you allow for the opportunity to cleanse and heal pain, grief or other traumas. During the Full Moon, your sensitivities are heightened – you are literally FEELING more intensely and the potential for healing can be accessed by leaning into and exploring the emotions that arise. Feeling is the first step towards healing. You can use the energy of the Full Moon to;
- Forgive yourself as well as others
- Release emotional emotional ‘charges’
- Integrate past experiences, acknowledging the associated lesson or wisdom and taking on a fresh perspective
- Evolve out of a victim mentality
- Gain a deeper understanding of the unconscious desires, fears or needs that drive your behavior
Exaggerations or Shadows of Capricorn Energy:
The Moon influences the emotions which guide our desires, decisions and needs. With the heightened energetic influence of the Full Moon, it’s important to watch out these excessive expressions:
- Cynical thinking, pessimism, a debilitating feeling of futility
- Holding others to unachievably high expectations
- Pressure to hide vulnerability; act as if you don’t need assistance or moral support from others
- A tendency to do things ‘the hard way’
- Aggressive confrontations or lashing out against a parent or other authority figure
- Awareness is key to consciously moving through astrological transits and embracing the lessons they have to offer us on our journey towards greater personal development.
- Remember that everyone is feeling intense or exaggerated emotions right now and might be prone to more ‘irrational’ behavior – your compassion goes a long way!
- Be willing to embrace change and the gifts that may hide within something that is currently unknown
Private Consultations & Coaching
Understanding how a transit is truly influencing you, and the greatest potential outcomes, depends on the specific energies and nuances depicted in your personal birth chart. If you are interested in exploring these energetic layers in more depth, consider booking a private consultation.