The next Mercury Retrograde will be from Oct 13th to Nov 3rd, 2020.
Here’s what you need to know:
Mercury will station retrograde at 9:05pm EST, Tuesday October 13th, at 11° 40 Scorpio. It stations direct on Tuesday, November 3rd, 12:50pm at 25°53 Libra.
IMPORTANT! The Complete Mercury Retrograde Cycle (including the influence of the pre and post-shadow periods) extends from:
Sept 23rd to Nov 19th, 2020.
While there is a great deal of attention paid to the time when Mercury is actually in ‘retrograde’, it’s VERY helpful to understand how we are influenced by retrograde vibes during the entire period or ‘season’. Retrograde energies will build slowly and perhaps subtly at first, although there are often clues during the early days to indicate where and how this cycle will influence you personally.
The ‘peak’ or most intense retrograde vibes will be present just before Nov 3rd. The tension begins to ease once Mercury stations direct, although it fades gradually. There will be a strong activation of Mercury retrograde energies during the Oct 31st Full Moon in Taurus.
Common Experiences during Mercury Retrograde
- Frustrations or confusion resulting from miscommunication
- Key information is missing or ‘veiled’, especially related to plans, key decisions, agreements (contracts) and financial commitments
- Plans are disrupted, and plans that you make now for the future are more likely to become disrupted down the road
- Feeling tired or wanting to stay close to home; backing out of social commitments at the last minute
- Transportation blunders, breakdowns, delays etc.
- A focus on the past, which may involve working through something currently unresolved
- A focus inward; introspection and reflection
- Being in a state of receiving; heightened intuition
- Spontaneous inspiration leading to ‘magic moments’
- Unexpected opportunities and synchronicities come to you
Instead of perpetually looking FORWARD, this astrological season cycle calls for a look TO THE PAST, as well as INWARD exploration.
This Fall 2020 Mercury Retrograde occurs in Scorpio & Libra
- Travel (especially domestic or short distance)
- Transportation (vehicles, planes, trains & their schedules, etc)
- The transmission of ‘messages’ – In Greek mythology, Mercury was the messenger god.
In the Zodiac, Mercury rules Gemini and co-rules Virgo with Chiron.
Mercury Rx in Scorpio Vibes
Scorpio rules deep emotional vulnerability, your desire to be fulfilled by your relationships, sexuality, intimacy and trust. This energy naturally sees beyond the surface to the deeper layers, sensing hidden motives and desires as well as unrealized potential.
Working consciously with Mercury retrograde in Scorpio means turning your attention inward and being honest with yourself about:
- your deepest emotional needs
- the ways in which past hurts are playing out in your present life
- the expectations you are putting onto loved ones, whether consciously or unconsciously
- your willingness to trust others and have faith in new endeavors
- who it may be time to forgive in order to move forward
Mercury Rx in Libra Vibes
Mercury in Libra relates to the ways the mind manages anxiety to maintain an experience of calm and inner peace. You may need to consider your commitments and how you may need to rebalance your priorities now, and it may be time for some of these to fall away. This can also be an important time to let go of control by confronting and releasing fears of uncertainty.
You may also need to reflect on whether or not you are sacrificing your personal needs in order to accommodate the perceived needs of your relationships. A key question to ask yourself is what are you sacrificing in order to ‘keep the peace’, and what is the tradeoff to your own wellbeing?
Mercury will ingress back into Libra on October 27th, and remain until November 10th. During this time you may also be prompted to explore and reconnect with your ideals, especially your values around justice, fairness and equality.
NEW! Flowing with Astrological Rhythms! 5-Week Virtual Workshop Series
This series covers practical applications of astrological insights without needing to study signs, symbols or charts in detail. You will be able to apply these teachings in your day-to-day life, personal/career planning, and relationships. You can also use the teachings to support your spiritual practices and/or self-care routines.
The timing of this series is designed to align with a full lunar cycle, the transiting of the Moon through all 12-signs, the Fall Mercury and Mars retrograde seasons and the incoming Fall 2020 eclipse season so that you will be able to apply many of the teachings while you are still participating in the course.
Some ‘quick tips’ for flowing with Mercury retrograde vibes:
- Relax and trust that you don’t know what ‘ought’ to be
- Create extra time and space in your schedule for rest and self-care
- Look for the ‘silver lining’ when there are unexpected derailments to your plans, magical opportunities lie beneath the surface!
General Activities to avoid during retrograde!
- Making financial commitments or plans which are inflexible – making big purchases or locking yourself into plans that you cannot easily back out of without a financial penalty are all very risky during retrograde. Remember, key information is missing or hidden during retrograde and its shadow periods. This is also a time when unexpected events are more likely to arise, which can shift the assumptions underlying these commitments.
- Initiating New Long-Term Projects – Starting new projects such as beginning a new job or launching a new product or service through your business during Mercury retrograde typically lend themselves only to short-term prospects. So, if you want to launch a new long-term endeavor, plan to do it before or after the retrograde and shadow periods.
- Signing contracts – When you sign a contract, you do so with the assumption that all of the relevant facts and details are known – however during Mercury retrograde, remember that the chances are much higher that we do not have yet all of the relevant information!
Astrological Influences on the US 2020 Election
Join me for an exploration of the key astrological factors contributing to how this EPIC time in history ‘FEELS’, bringing context to the upcoming US presidential election and the evolutionary journey of the United States overall.
Thursday, October 22nd, 2020
Subscribe to my newsletter and receive an overview of astrological influences each month + other exclusive offerings!
Private Consultations & Coaching
Understanding how a transit is truly influencing you, and the greatest potential outcomes, depends on the specific energies and nuances depicted in your personal birth chart. If you are interested in exploring these energetic layers in more depth, consider booking a private consultation.