Scorpio rules deep emotional vulnerability, your desire to be fulfilled by your relationships, sexuality, intimacy and trust. This energy naturally sees beyond the surface to the deeper layers, sensing hidden motives and desires as well as unrealized potential.
Scorpio vibes connect with people and situations on an intuitive level. This energy literally FEELS through life, and feels intensely. It rules your most extreme emotions including the echoes of past traumas: the feelings you are afraid to face.
Scorpio energy expresses itself passionately, sometimes even through obsessive-compulsive behavior. These vibes also rule the occult, death, psychology and deep urges which may be driving you on an unconscious level. Scorpio rules truths within dark underbelly of life. It can drive you into the core of mysterious and taboo realms, or perhaps an exploration of your own psyche, and deep-seeded needs.
Working consciously with the energy of the Scorpio season means turning your attention inward, and being honest with yourself about:
- your deepest emotional needs
- the ways in which past hurts are playing out in your present life
- the expectations you are putting onto loved ones, whether consciously or unconsciously
- your willingness to trust others and have faith in new endeavors
- who it may be time to forgive in order to move forward
Scorpio energy rules personal power and your own sense of empowerment, or disempowerment. It can also reveal where you are holding yourself in a victim mentality. As Scorpio has a tendency to hold a grudge, balancing these vibes involves opening yourself up to forgiveness for yourself as well as others. You can use this energy to tune into any areas of life where hurt, cynicism and anger are leading to self-sabotage.
In addition to death, Scorpio also rules rebirth, and is often associated with the image of the mythical phoenix who rises up from the ashes. The journey of Scorpio is to look deep within, confront your ugliest demons and then figure out a way to live with these dark shadows, for to deny their existence or try to eradicate them is to deny an essential aspect of self.
Exploring the realms of Scorpio involves acknowledging the power of your own rage and dark expressions – allowing them to reveal their truth, without completely submitting to them. The ways in which you pull yourself out of your most tormented inner experiences are expressions of some of the highest vibrations of Scorpio energy: resilience, renewed faith, self-reliance and the discovery of your true inner strength.
2020 Scorpio Season Key Dates
Mercury Enters Scorpio: Sept 27th
Sun Enters Scorpio: Oct 22nd
Mercury Retrograde in Libra/Scorpio: Oct 16th – Nov 3rd
Full Moon in Taurus conjunct Uranus / Opposition to Sun in Scorpio: Oct 31st
New Moon in Scorpio: Nov 15
Mercury opposes Uranus in Taurus: Nov 17
Sun leaves Scorpio: Nov 21
Mercury leaves Scorpio: Dec 1st
Common Experiences during Mercury Retrograde
- Frustrations or confusion resulting from miscommunication
- Important information tends to be missing or ‘veiled’, especially related to plans, decisions, agreements (contracts) and financial commitments
- Plans are disrupted; unexpected detours
- You feel fatigued + more likely to back out of social commitments at the last minute
- Transportation blunders, breakdowns, delays etc.
- A focus on the past, which may involve working through something currently unresolved
- A focus inward; introspection and reflection
- Being in a state of receiving; heightened intuition
- Spontaneous inspiration leading to ‘magic moments’
- Unexpected opportunities and synchronicities come to you
- Travel (especially domestic or short distance)
- Transportation (vehicles, planes, trains & their schedules, etc)
- The transmission of ‘messages’ – In Greek mythology, Mercury was the messenger god.
In the Zodiac, Mercury rules Gemini and co-rules Virgo with Chiron.
‘Mini’ Astrology Reading: Personalized Guidance for 2021!
Understand the key energetic themes influencing you in 2021 and find out where you have the greatest potential for growth in the new year.
*Special Offer Ends Feb 28th*
Some ‘quick tips’ for flowing with Mercury retrograde vibes:
- Relax and trust that you don’t know what ‘ought’ to be
- Create extra time and space in your schedule for rest and self-care
- Look for the ‘silver lining’ when there are unexpected derailments to your plans, magical opportunities lie beneath the surface!
General Activities to avoid during retrograde!
- Making financial commitments or plans which are inflexible – making big purchases or locking yourself into plans that you cannot easily back out of without a financial penalty are all very risky during retrograde. Remember, key information is missing or hidden during retrograde and its shadow periods. This is also a time when unexpected events are more likely to arise, which can shift the assumptions underlying these commitments.
- Initiating New Long-Term Projects – Starting new projects such as beginning a new job or launching a new product or service through your business during Mercury retrograde typically lend themselves only to short-term prospects. So, if you want to launch a new long-term endeavor, plan to do it before or after the retrograde and shadow periods.
- Signing contracts – When you sign a contract, you do so with the assumption that all of the relevant facts and details are known – however during Mercury retrograde, remember that the chances are much higher that we do not have yet all of the relevant information!
Subscribe to my newsletter and receive an overview of astrological influences each month + other exclusive offerings!
Private Consultations & Mentorship
Work with me one-on-one to explore your personal astrology or to take your learnings further.
Your experience of life is profoundly unique, with its own tension points and subtle nuance. The story of your chart, and how it describes that tension, is the key to unlocking your personal growth and healing.